skip navigation


Click on image to visit our site!

Bryan Eisentraut

USAH State Supervisor of Officals

Phone: cell: 602-688-2733

AHOA Schedulers

With the formation of the new association we have approved the following people to assume the scheduling responsibilities effective August 1, 2015.

The below schedulers will also be responsible for scheduling the score keepers within each of their areas.

Bob Brown

Ice Den Chandler

Phone: 480.577.9918

Kyle Curtin

Flagstaff Scheduler

Phone: 928.607.7029

Mike Sarter

Ice Den Scottsdale, Oceanside, Prescott, Gila River, Tucson

Phone: 602.380.9823

Travis Smith

AZ Ice Peoria

Phone: 623.256.4287

Paul Withee

Arcadia and AZ Ice Gilbert

Phone: 480.251.6311

AHOA Summer Session

We would like to invite you to take part in an excellent training opportunity that the Arizona Hockey Officials Association training has put together for you. The topic of the clinic is situation awareness and will be taught by ex-NHL, current NHL, ECHL, and AHL officials. Details are below:

Who: Open to all registered USA Hockey on-ice officials in Arizona
Cost: FREE!
Where: Oceanside Ice Arena - Tempe, AZ
When: Tuesday July, 12 2016 
Check In: 5:15 pm 
On-Ice: 6:10-7:10 pm 
Classroom: 7:15-8:15 pm

We encourage you to take advantage of this amazing learning opportunity and further your knowledge of the game. Please sign up at the link below so we can provide the proper accommodations.

A special thanks goes out to the Oceanside Ice Arena and adult hockey director, Adam Mims, for helping to make this possible. Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you there!

Sign Up HERE!


Arizona Hockey Officials Association [AHOA]

For more information regarding the AHOA please visit our web site:


Seminar and Member Registration

2016-2017 Referee Seminars

2016-2017 Seminar information will be posted in July

Important News for the 2016-2017 Season

Starting with the 2015-16 season you must register with USAH as an on-ice official before you can enroll in a seminar through the USA Hockey website. Remember that seats are limited in each seminar so it is important that you register with USA Hockey early so you can reserve your seminar seat!
Remember that your USA Hockey certification expires on November 30th, 2015. That means you need to have all of your registration requirements for the 2015-16 season complete in order to be eligible to work USA Hockey sanctioned games starting December 1st.
I highly recommend that you attend a seminar specifically for the level at which you intend to register. There are many benefits that come with attending the appropriate seminar level instead of a lower level seminar. First, level 2 and 3 seminars have shorter in-person seminar requirements. The level 3 seminar also does not have an on-ice session. In addition, Level 2 and Level 3 seminars will engage in more advanced topics and discussions as compared to the ‘basics’ taught for new officials at a Level 1 seminar.
All new officials will need to register at Level 1 with USA Hockey and attend a Level 1 seminar.
As always, you will want to study up for the closed book exams for Level 2, 3, and 4. Level 2 officials will want to pay particular attention to the Basic Officiating Manual. Approximately 95% of questions on the Level 2 closed book test come directly from the Basic Officiating Manual. The other 5% come from the USAH Rulebook. Level 3 officials will also want to read the Basic Officials Manual but will have more questions from the USAH Rule Book.